Sponsored by the Colorado Association of Libraries and the Colorado School of Mines
Have you ever wanted an international partner for your library? Have you ever wanted to work overseas?
The International Library and Cultural Exchange Interest Group of the Colorado Association of Libraries and the Arthur Lakes Library of the Colorado School of Mines are sponsoring a uniquely formatted two-day international conference, Better Together: The Power of Global Library Connections.
Day 1 of the conference, March 6 is only online via zoom. Day 2 of the conference, March 7 is only in person in Golden, Colorado. Each conference agenda is different. Registration is separate for each day. See each day’s registration link below.
Monday, March 6, 8:00 a.m. – 12:45 p.m. MST (3:00 p.m. -7:45 p.m. GMT)
The free online conference will feature speakers worldwide. Highlights:
- Dr. Jesús Lau, Professor at Universidad Veracruzana and Co-Chair of UNESCO Media and Information Literacy Alliance, on the value of international cooperation among libraries.
- A panel of librarians from China and the Colorado School of Mines will discuss their successful STEM project.
- Librarians from Park City, Utah, discuss their partnership with Bimal Library in Dharan, Nepal.
- A representative from the Nazarbayev University in Astana, Kazakhstan, will describe partnerships with multiple international universities and how the library was involved.
- Representatives from Sister Cities International and the ALA, International Relations Round Table Sister Libraries Committee will discuss successful partnerships.
Captioning in English will be provided. A tip sheet will be made available to all participants. Participation in the conference is free. Questions: Carol Smith at email@example.com
Event is in the past.
Tuesday, March 7, 9:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. MST
This in-person conference will be held at the Colorado School of Mines, . Highlights include:
- Dr. Jesús Lau, Professor at Universidad Veracruzana and Co-Chair of UNESCO Media and Information Literacy Alliance speaking on the value of international cooperation among libraries
- Sherri Baca from Pueblo City-County Library and Victor Zuniga from Poudre River Public Library District discussing their partner library experiences
- Gayle Stallings, Sister Cities International State Representative for Colorado
- Brianna Buljung and Janet Lee, both US Fulbright Scholars on their experiences in Taiwan and Ethiopia
- Jamie LaRue on the value of international partnerships and his experience in Bulgaria.
The Registration Fee includes breakfast snacks, lunch, free parking, and a concluding reception in the Colorado School of Mines Museum of Earth Science. A tip sheet will be made available to all participants.
Event is in the past.
Questions: contact Nancy Bolt at firstname.lastname@example.org